The printer is the essential internet device used by almost all organizations in their day to day routine. Canon printers are well known for its advanced features in budget-friendly prices. Canon printers are one of the most used printers across the globe.
To enjoy error-free printing experience with the canon printer every user should install and set up its device drivers properly. This article provides a complete guide to canon printer users about installing device drivers and setup canon printer.
How to setup canon printer With windows 10
The user receives the CD which consists of the device drivers required for their canon printer. Users can install the drivers with the help of the CD which comes with the printer unit. The users who do not receive any CD with the printer can download the device drivers from the official canon website. Windows users can follow a set of steps given below to set up a canon printer on their device.
- Insert the CD which comes along with the printer unit.
- After loading the CD, run the setup file from the CD.
- Follow on-screen instructions for installing canon printer drivers into the windows operating system.
- The users who do not get any kind CD with canon printer unit can visit the official Canon website. Visit Canon.com/ijsetup to Understand it Better.
- Click on the support tab and go to drivers and downloads section.
- Select the printer from various IT devices and enter your printer model. Users can get there printer model on the front or backside of the actual printer unit. The model number is also mentioned on the user manual which the user receives along with their printer unit.
- After selecting the printer model user can see the drivers required for your printer model.
- User can select their windows operating system (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, or 10) and enter the details like 32 bit 64 bit.
- Click on the download button to download drivers on the system.
- Once the download is completed the user can navigate to download folder and double click on the setup file to run the setup.
- After then the user can follow on-screen instructions to install the Canon printer drivers in their windows systems.
- While installing the drivers on the windows system it will ask users to select the connection type between the USB connection and wireless connection.
- Select the wireless connection and make sure that your printer unit is ON and its power lamp of green color is ON.
- Click on connect to the network button on the 2-1 printer setup window.
- It will ask users to select from WPS or cable fewer setup options. Users should select the wireless setup. The XP users are unable to see the cable less setup option so they can select the other setup button.
- It prompts connection via cable less setup window after then press the Wi-Fi button from the printer till its orange color icon flashes twice. Release the button after the second flash.
- Click on the Next button from the window when a blue lamp of Wi-Fi blinks and a power lamp is lit on the canon printer unit.
- After then the user needs to select their region and enter the details about the residence.
- The user needs to select the set of software which he needs to install on their system from the disk.
- Read and agree on the license agreement of the canon product.
- It asks the user to allow all install wizard process. Sometimes the antivirus or windows firewall might block this installation so click on the Next button on the screen.
- On the next screen enter your canon printer model number and SSID of your network. User can find their printer model on the user manual or front/backside of the printer unit.
In this way, the user can complete the wireless connection setup between the printer unit and windows operating system. The users which are unable to detect their printer can setup canon printer with USB cable on windows operating system. Here is the process by using which users can connect their Windows operating system with the canon printer unit.
Canon Setup With USB Cable
- Follow the steps given in the above section and select the USB connection type in step number 12. Click on the Next button.
- If you already connected your printer unit with the system by using USB cable then unplugs it and hit the next button.
- It will take some time to download and installing MP drivers for your Canon printer unit. Wait for a couple of seconds to complete downloading and installing procedures.
- It will open the printer connection screen on which users need to add their canon printer unit in the system. User needs to connect their windows system with the printer units with the help of USB cable. Turn ON the printer unit.
- Click on the add printer button on the screen.
- Typically windows automatically detect and add the printer unit which is connected to it by USB cable. Sometimes the user needs to enter the printer names and printer model numbers to add the printer unit.
- It will open the test printer window on which the user can test their printer by clicking on the execute button.
- Select the software which needs to be installed on the system from the CD.
- Read and agree with the license terms.
- Enter the details like OS, region, and residence to complete the registration process.
- Click on the exit button to complete the setup and installation process.
In this way, the user can set up a canon Wireless printer on the Windows 10 operating system with the help o a USB connection.
Setup canon printer with Mac OS
Here are the steps which Mac users can use to install and setup canon printer drivers on Mac.
- Insert the CD which comes along with the printer unit.
- After loading CD it will ask the user to enter the password for installing a new helper tool. The users who don’t receive the software CD with printer unit should go to the official canon website. Go to support-> drivers and download section. Select the printer from available devices and enter your canon printer model.
- After entering your Mac operating system details click on the download button to download the drivers in the system. Once downloading finishes locate the downloaded file and double click on it.
- Enter the password and click on the install helper button.
- Click on the Next button to install the helper.
- In the setup, it will ask the user to select a connection type from the USB connection or the wireless connection. Users can select the wireless connection.
- Turn on the canon printer unit before following the next steps. Ensure that the power lamp on the printer is on. If it is on hit the next button after selecting a wireless connection.
- Click on connect my network-> cable fewer setup options from the screen.
- It will open the connection via cable fewer setup windows on the Mac screen.
- Press the Wi-Fi button from your canon printer unit until the orange lamp on the printer blinks twice. Release the Wi-Fi button after the second blink of the orange lamp.
- Click on the next blue Wi-Fi and green main power lamp blinks. The network connection of your system might be temporary off during the setup.
- On the next screen select your region and hit the next button.
- Enter the details about your place or the residence area.
- Now it will ask the user to select the software which needs to install on the Mac operating system. After selecting the software click on the next button to start the installation process.
- Read the terms and license agreement on the screen carefully and click on the Yes button to complete the setup of the canon printer software.
- After then it will ask Mac users to add their printer. Users should click on the add printer button.
- Select your canon IJ printer drivers from the screen and press the add button.
- In this way, Mac users can connect their printer with the system without the help of cable i.e. wireless setup.
The users who want to setup canon printer on Mac with the help of USB connection can follow given steps.
Setup Canon With Mac using USB Cable
- Refer the above steps given in previous cable lees setup of canon printer on Mac. Select the USB connection in step number 5.
- Disconnect the printer from the system if it is already connected and press the next button.
- Wait for a couple of seconds while the MP drivers for your Canon printer are downloading and installing.
- Make a proper connection between the system and the printer unit with the help of a USB connection. Click on the add printer button.
- Mac automatically detects PC which is connected to it with the USB cable. If not add the printer manually by entering its names and model number.
- Click on the execute button to begin the printer test of your printer.
- Select the software from the list which is required to be installed on the system.
- Agree to the license agreement of the canon product.
- Enter the details of OS, printer, region, and residence for registration purposes.
- Click the exit button to complete the process.
In this way, the user can connect canon printer units with the Mac system by using USB connection type. Users can get in touch with the canon customer support team for any kind of further assistance and query related to their canon printer unit.