Canon is one of the best brands known for great devices like cameras, camcorders, computers, printers, and many more. The headquarters of the Canon company is in Japan and it’s ruling the market for a long time.
Many of the people face the problem and confused while connecting canon printer to Mac. In this article, we are going to guide how to connect canon printer to Mac easily with few steps.
Giving a connection to the printer from the Mac vary for a different kind of canon printer. It depends on which you use. If you are using the new model of the Canon printer, it would support AirPrint so that you can set up and print quickly. Or else you have to find the drivers of the Canon printer from the Mac device. You have to simply download the drivers from the Canon official website. Before setting up the canon printer into your Mac, make sure you connect the printer with the Wi-Fi network. You have to put the login ID and password of your Wi-Fi network so that you can connect and print documents.
WPS connection method
- Plugin the printer.
- Once press and hold the Wi-Fi button on your printer which is on the top. You should hold it until it flashes the light.
- Ensure the lamp should start flashing in blue color and then locate your access point and press the WPS button.
Standard connection method
Method 1: Install Helper tool
- First of all download the software on your Mac device.
- After opening it and from the screen click on the Next button.
- Then it will ask you to enter the name and password which will allow the helper tool to get installed and then tap on the “Install Helper” button.
- The installation screen will appear where you have to click on the Next button.
- Next, it will ask you for a USB connection or wireless connection. You have to click on the wireless connection.
- Make sure the printer is on and then click on the Next button.
if the canon Printer won’t connect to mac or Goes into the error state then perform different options for connections.
Method 2: Setting up Cabless setup
- Click on the option “Connect to the network”.
- From the setup procedure selection window you have to click on cableless setup.
- While the connection via cable setup window starts, you have to press and hold the Wi-Fi button on the printer until the orange light flashes 2 times, then release it.
- Then click next and the internet connection will be disabled for some time.
Method 3: Select your region and software
- When the screen appears you have to click on the Next button after selecting the region.
- Select your residence and click the next button.
- Select the software which you want to install, then click on the Next button.
- The license agreement window will open. You have to click on the yes button to agree to the license.
- The screen will appear with the model name of the printer and SSID of your network. Click on the “Complete” button at the bottom.
Method 4: Add your printer via USB cable
- The next screen will appear and you have to click on the add printer button.
- Now choose the Canon IJ network version and click on the Add button.
- Then click on the Next button.
- Now check the box of “Set up the network connection via USB” and click on the Next button.
- Connect your printer with a cable to your computer through a USB cable. On the connect cable window click on the Next button.
- After it will detect your printer then click on the Yes button.
- It will ask you for permission, you have to click on the Allow button.
- Now disconnect the cable from your computer and click on the Next button.
- The setup completion window will appear and click on the OK button.
- The next step is to click on the add printer button and choose the Canon IJ Network, then click on the add button.
- At last click on the Next button and complete the setup.
So these are the easy steps to set up the Canon printer with the Mac device. I hope you found this article helpful. in any case you find this not working Please Reset canon Printer & try again.